Annual Trunk or Treat, sponsored by the Skowhegan Regional Chamber of Commerce
Residents, businesses and community groups are encouraged to participate. Children will come in costume and travel from trunk to trunk in front of the hall for treats that will be handed out at each vehicle. Everyone is encouraged to decorate their trunk and a prize will be given to the best decorated trunk. We ask that trunk themes are family friendly.
This event is free of charge. Please find the registration form and information below.
TRUNK OR TREAT REGISTRATION FORM – Rules
Saturday, October 24, 2020 | 11:00am – 1:00pm
All businesses with cars and trucks are welcome and must complete registration form prior to the event. Business Owners and/or employees do NOT need to come in costume (although strongly encouraged), however, all vehicles MUST be decorated, and can be displayed with Business Name. First, Second and Third Place awards will be awarded by the People’s Choice.
Trunk or Treaters will spend the time going from trunk to trunk, collecting candy from vehicle owners who have decorated their vehicles to serve as the backdrop for this family friendly event. “Trunker” will be asked to decorate their truck, tailgate, or hatchback and provide candy for the “treaters”.
Registration is free for this event; however, all registrations are due by 5 p.m. on Thursday, October 22nd
- Only businesses and non-profit organizations can register trunks for this year’s event, however trick or treating is open to everyone.
- All participants must provide their OWN candy for distribution, the Skowhegan Area Chamber will NOT provide candy
- Please be courteous to your trunk neighbors and keep your decorations confined to your parking space
- No amplified music OTHER THAN Halloween themed music (no profanity or vulgar language)
- No electricity will be provided for Trunkers
- Selling (other than advertising) is prohibited at this event
- ALL trunks and the owner or employee will be photographed for additional advertisement’s
- Vehicles must arrive NO LATER than 10:45 am and be decorated and ready to go by 11: 00 am
- Judging will take place until 1:00 pm and will be announced no later than 1:15 pm
- Vehicles will not be permitted to move or leave the parking lot until the conclusion of the event
- All vehicles will be assigned an entry number at Check In. Entry numbers must be placed on the right upper most visible location to ensure voters can identify vehicle
- Most important of all…. HAVE FUN and BE SAFE!
RISK, WAIVER AND IMAGE RELEASE FORM
The undersigned hereby agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Skowhegan Regional Chamber of Commerce and its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all loss, liability charges and expenses including attorney fees) and cost which may arise by reason of participation in any program. (The Chamber does not provide accident, medical, liability, workers’ compensation insurance or any other insurance for program participants). As parent/guardian, I hereby consent to emergency treatment or my minor child as a result of accident or injury. I further agree to pay any and all cost incurred as a result of said treatment. I agree to carefully inspect and satisfy for myself that the facilities provided are reasonably safe for their intended use. Once having conducted the inspection, I agree to expressly assume the risk of participating at the premises. I understand the Chamber retains the right to use photos taking during activities for publicity purposes.
|The Skowhegan Regional Chamber of Commerce may use photos, film, videotape, or otherwise reproduce the image and/or voice of any person who participates in any Chamber program, class, or special event and use the same for any purpose without any payment. Your participation in any event or program constitutes your permission to use your likeness.|
I acknowledge that my participation in this event, or that of my child could involve risk of physical injury or damage to property. I expressly assume such risk and release and waive any claims against the Skowhegan Regional Chamber of Commerce, its agents and employees for any injured to persons or damage to property. Please agree on the registration form.