At the Skowhegan Regional Chamber of Commerce, you’ll be part of an experienced, passionate, and forward-thinking team that promotes the businesses, industries, and governments in Anson, Athens, Canaan, Cornville, Embden, Madison, Mercer, Norridgewock, Skowhegan, Smithfield, and Solon.
Position: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
The Executive Director will coordinate the operations of the Chamber including but not limited to the following: (1) executing the mission of the Chamber, all policies and procedures, (2) be available for all Chamber functions and board and committee meetings, (3) develop and maintain Chamber membership and be highly visible in our business community (4) be responsible for maintaining the operation of the Chamber Information Center(s).
B. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes the mission of the Chamber to achieve the Chamber's vision under the direction of the Board
- Implements the policies and procedures established by the Board of Directors affecting operation of the Chamber and keep the Board apprised on issues
- Provide leadership for the day-to-day operations of the Chamber
- Assists the Board of Directors and committees with planning for the future of the Chamber, identifies goals, and creates opportunities for new initiatives and activities
- Communicates the goals, policies, services and role of the Chamber to its members and the public
- Works with board and committee members to ensure that all services and activities of the Chamber function together in a mutually supportive and well-coordinated basis
- Provides staff support to the Board of Directors and committees
- Performs project planning and development including committee activities
- Develops and maintains membership including frequent member visits as ED and with support staff.
- Collaborate with other community organizations for promotion of the Chamber and work collectively with them for the better of our community. (Main Street Skowhegan, Skowhegan Economic Development Corp, The Town of Skowhegan, etc.)
- Handle the day-to-day accounting functions of the Chamber. (Quick Books)
- Manage and monitor the Chamber annual budget
Coordinates volunteer recruitment and development
Responsible for Public Relations (name promotion and press relations)
- Prepares, attends and participates in all Chamber-sponsored events and functions
- Coordinates all newsletters to keep membership and directors informed of Chamber business and events.
- Develops publications, brochures, promotional literature, and keeps Chamber website updated as needed.
- Represents the Chamber at selected local, business, community, regional, and state events that serve to promote the position of the organization
- Attends regional tourism, business/economic development and training sessions as recommended by the Board of Directors.
- Off-site travel for the programs of the Chamber
- Other duties as assigned.
C. JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Facilitating skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Ability to work and collaborate with business, civic, town, regional, state and community groups
- Work independently and be self-directed
- Ability to supervise and manage employees
- Project planning and management, including visioning skills
- Fundraising skills
- Personal computer skills including MS Office Suite applications
- Presentation skills
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
D. DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE:
- Chamber of Commerce management or similar
- Project management
- Event management
- Organizational communications
- Marketing and public relations
- Entrepreneurial ventures
- Human Resources
The information included in this position description does not create contractual employment rights. An employee is considered to be an at-will employee for the purposes of employment.
If interested, please email your resume to Julia Turner, Membership/Events Coordinator, at Julia@skowheganregion.com.